Effective Date: January 1, 2023
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information collected directly from you: We may collect personal information directly from you, for example through a web form, during registration, while making a reservation, while setting up a member account with us, when you contact us or at checkout. Personal information we collect directly from you may include first and last name, address, email address, and phone number.
Information collected from your device: Our website may use technologies such as cookie, web beacons, pixels, and other similar technologies to automatically collect certain information from your device including, for example, your IP address, date and time of your visit, browser and operating system information, referring website address and other information about how you interact with the website. Our email campaigns may also use tracking technologies such as web beacons, pixels and other similar technologies to automatically collect certain information such as your IP address, browser type and version, and email engagement statistics.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use information collected about you for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To provide you with information about the Carol Stream Chamber of Commerce, and with our products and services and other relevant information
- To market our services to you, including by email and text message subject to your consent;
- To provide our website to you
- To send you abandoned registration cart reminders if you started registration and did not complete check out
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our website; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- With Constant Contact, to send email marketing and text message communications. For more information about how we may use your information with Constant Contact and the information that may be collected through our email campaigns, see Constant Contact’s Customer Data Notice available at https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice.
- If necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights or the rights of third parties, or to protect the safety or security of any person or entity.
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
DIGITAL ADVERTISING & ANALYTICS
We use Google Analytics for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our website, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Your web browser may allow you to block or disable cookies; however, parts of our website may not function properly if you do so.
EMAIL AND TEXT MESSAGE COMMUNICATIONS
If you wish to unsubscribe from our email campaigns, please click on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email sent from us. If you opt out of our email marketing, we will still send you messages related to our relationship with you, such as membership.
If you wish stop receiving text messages from us, reply STOP, QUIT, CANCEL, OPT-OUT OR UNSUBSCRIBE to any text sent from us. For more information, see our Mobile Messaging Terms and Conditions available at Mobile Terms and Conditions
As a data collector that maintains and stores but does not own or license, the Carol Stream Chamber of Commerce maintains records that contain personal information concerning an Illinois resident and implements and maintains reasonable security measures to protect those records from unauthorized access, acquisition, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
In the event of a data breach concerning an Illinois resident that resident will be notified at no charge that there has been a breach of the security of the system data following discovery or notification of the breach. The disclosure notification shall be made in the most expedient time possible and without reasonable delay, consistent with any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity, security, and confidentiality of the data system. The disclosure notification to an Illinois resident shall include, but need not be limited to information as follows:
- the toll-free numbers and addresses for consumer reporting agencies
- the toll-free number, address, and website address for the Federal Trade Commission and
- a statement that the individual can obtain information from these sources about fraud alerts and security freezes.
With respect to personal information notice may be provided in electronic or other form directing the Illinois resident whose personal information has been breached to promptly change his or her user name or password and security question or answer, as applicable or to take other steps appropriate to protect all online accounts for which the resident uses the same user name or email address and password or security question and answer.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
When you open an account with us, you may review, change, or update your contact information by logging into your account.
If you have any questions about this policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at [email protected].
Mobile Messaging Terms and Conditions
Updated: February 2, 2023
- Program Description: We may send promotional and transactional mobile messages in various formats through the Program. Promotional messages advertise and promote our events, our Frazzled Column, Eblasts, and abandoned registration reminders. Transactional messages relate to an ongoing transaction and may include membership renewal notifications, updates and other transaction-related information. Mobile messages may be sent using an automated technology, including an autodialer, automated system, or automatic telephone dialing system. Message frequency will vary per month but will not exceed 10 messages per month. You agree that we may send messages regarding the foregoing topics or any topic and that such message and/or calls may be made or placed using different telephone numbers or short codes. We do not charge for mobile messages sent through the Program but you are responsible for any message and data rates imposed by your mobile provider, as standard data and message rates may apply for SMS and MMS alerts.
- User Opt-In: By providing your mobile number to us, you are voluntarily opting into the Program and you agree to receive recurring mobile messages from us at the mobile phone number associated with your opt-in, even if such number is registered on any state or federal “Do Not Call” list. You agree that any mobile phone number you provide to us is a valid phone number of which you are the owner or authorized user. If you change your mobile phone number, you agree to promptly notify us at [email protected]. Your participation in the Program is not required to make any purchase from us and your participation in the Program is completely voluntary.
- User Opt-In and Support: You may opt-out of the Program at ay time. If you wish to opt-out of the Program and stop receiving mobile messages from us, or you no longer agree to these Mobile Messaging Terms, reply STOP, QUIT, CANCEL, OPT-OUT, and/or UNSUBSCRIBE to any mobile message from us. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period while we process your request, and you may receive a one-time opt-out confirmation message. You understand and agree that the foregoing is the only reasonable method of opting out. For support, reply HELP to any mobile message from us.
Our mobile messaging platform may not recognize requests that modify the foregoing commands, and you agree that we and our service providers will not be liable for failing to honor requests that do not comply with the requirements in these Mobile Messaging terms. We may also change the telephone number or short code we use to operate the Program and we will notify you of any such change. You acknowledge that any requests sent to a telephone number or short code that has been changed may not be received by us and we will not be responsible for failing to honor a request set to a telephone number or short code that has been changed.
- Disclaimer or Warranty and Liability: The Program is offered on an “as-is” basis and may not be available in all areas, at all times, or on all mobile providers. You agree that neither we nor our service providers will be liable for any failed, delayed or misdirected delivery of any mobile message or information sent through the Program.
- Modifications: We may modify or cancel the Program or any of its features at any time, with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Messaging Terms at any time. Any such modification will take effect when it is posted to our website. You agree to review these Mobile Messaging Terms periodically to ensure that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued participation in the Program will constitute your acceptance of these modifications.