NTA Precision Axle, a joint venture of three world class manufacturing companies, has an opening for a CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN at our facility located in Carol Stream, IL. NTA manufactures steel products used for automotive and industrial applications. The majority owner of NTA is NTN, which is one of the world’s premier bearing manufacturers serving the automotive and industrial markets for the over 100 years.
POSITION TITLE: NTA Calibration Technician
- Perform calibrations and adjustments in accordance with approved standard procedures.
- Ensure calibration standards used for inspection measuring, and test equipment are in compliance with standards.
- Prepare required documentation for the recording and notification of events or changes related to equipment such as calibration certificates, deviations, out of tolerances and installation reports.
- Review all calibration documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Perform measurement system analysis on calibration findings.
- Perform other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and orderly manner.
- Troubleshoot and repair industrial measurement equipment.
- Effectively participate in all Quality Management System audits (internal, customer and registration) and Product Quality audits (customer) conducted at NTA.
- Must have calibration training or experience
- A minimum of 2 years calibration or troubleshooting and repair in the mechanical, dimensional, and electronics field
- Knowledge of IATF quality systems and practices is helpful.
- Operation of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Advanced inspection techniques
- Good verbal and written communication skills, along with math, and measuring skills
- Ability to accurately collect and enter data
- Ability to walk throughout the production plant with proper PPE to find gauges
- Must be able to work 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and overtime as needed.
NTA Precision Axle offers a full range of comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement. NTA Precision Axle is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity in the work place.